How to Hard Reset your OnePlus 5T – A User Guide
Sometimes your phone gets too laggy to be usable and you just want it back to the state when it was new; or you just forgot your password. In the case on an OnePlus 5T, you hard reset it.
Here’s how you can hard reset your OnePlus 5T.
TURN OFF ONEPLUS 5T
- Turn off your OnePlus 5T completely and wait for at least 10 seconds.
PRESS TWO BUTTONS
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and POWER BUTTON simultaneously until the phone vibrates.
IMPORTANT: RECOVERY MENU
- Tap on the language that you prefer.
- Next, tap on WIPE DATA AND CACHE.
- Tap WIPE DATA AND CACHE to clear both. (You can choose to clear just DATA or CACHE)
- Tap on YES when prompted to continue.
- Select REBOOT to restart the device.
SET UP YOUR ONEPLUS 5T
- When reformatting and resetting was successfully completed, set up your OnePlus 5T.