🦠 How Many Coronavirus Cases Are In Australia? [UPDATE]
Table of Contents
As at 09:00 hrs on 5 March 2020, we have 52 confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19), including 2 deaths in Australia.
- 22 in New South Wales
- 1 in Northern Territory
- 8 in Queensland
- 4 in South Australia
- 1 in Tasmania
- 6 in Victoria
- 10 associated with Diamond Princess
- 15 of the initially reported cases in Australia all had a direct or indirect travel history to Wuhan, China
- 10 cases are associated with the Diamond Princess cruise ship repatriation flight from Japan
- 1 of the Diamond Princess repatriated cases sadly died
- 12 cases are reported to have had a direct or indirect travel history to Iran
- 6 cases are reported to have had a travel history to countries including Singapore, Europe, the United Arab Emirates, Japan and South Korea
- 6 cases did not have a reported history of overseas travel, with 4 of these cases associated with an aged care facility in NSW and the remaining 2 cases reported as health care workers at other health care facilities in NSW
- 1 aged care facility resident in NSW has sadly died
- the source of infection for the remaining 3 cases is currently under investigation
Of the total cases reported, 22 of these cases are reported to have recovered. Sadly 2 people have died.
Know the state of the Coronavirus pandemic in France.