This vintage-inspired workshop has been themed around the spirit of the Round She Goes Market, held at the Marrickville Town Hall. Anita will be introducing you to Gil Brandao, a pattern maker and teacher of exceptional skill. You’ll draft a vintage blouse pattern, to your own measurements, and complete the pattern before the end of the session. There will be samples in the room for everyone to examine and consider the method of construction.
Appropriate for people of all skill levels that would like to try this unique style of pattern making to produce a gorgeous vintage top.
What you will learn:
- About this amazing pattern maker and the unique approach to pattern making.
- To self-draft this vintage top from the very beginning to fit your own size.
- How to analyse the pattern to develop the most appropriate sewing instructions for your fabric choice.
What you will get:
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher.
- A completed pattern in your own personal size.
- A detailed worksheet of all the information from the training session including diagrams, tables and photos.
- Detailed instructions from each step of the drafting.
- Additional information to turn your Gil Brandao top into a dress.
- A full grade chart to be able to draft this pattern from size 6 to size 20.
- An understanding of how grade rules work when growing patterns from one size to the next.
What to wear:
Please wear shoes that cover and protect your feet. It’s a workshop environment and we’re keen to keep your toes safe.
What to bring:
- Your enthusiasm!
- Please bring a pencil, sharpener, eraser, tape measure, ruler, glue stick, paper and fabric scissors and note book (optional).
- Feel free to bring your favourite pattern making tools.
- Also bring 2m calico to cut your first toile