Table of Contents
Apple’s AirPods Pro are the first AirPods that fit into your ear canal, rather than just sitting in the outside of your ear. That means that they can create a much better seal, resulting in better sound quality, and a better overall experience. But for all that to work properly you need to make sure the AirPods Pro fit correctly.
Thankfully Apple knows that and created a handy tool that will check for you. Using the internal microphones built into each AirPods Pro earbud, Apple is able to check that the sound you’re hearing is as great as it can be. And if it isn’t you can switch to one of the other sized ear tips that come in the box. Sometimes Apple really does think of everything, right?
How to Check AirPods Pro Ear Fit
We’re assuming you already have AirPods Pro setup and paired with iPhone or iPad and that you’re ready to go with the ear fitting. Don’t worry, this won’t take long. You’ll want to place your AirPods Pro into your ears, too.
- Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone or iPad that is paired with AirPods Pro
- Tap “Bluetooth.”
- Locate your AirPods Pro and then tap the “i” icon beside it.
- Look down and tap “Ear Tip Fit Test.”
- The next screen will explain how the test works and what it is looking for. Tap “Continue” when you’re ready.
- You’ll then hear some music. Don’t touch anything while it plays.
- Once the test is complete you’ll be told whether the fit is correct or not. If it is, you’re all set. If not, try different ear tips or reseating the earbuds and then run the test again.
Once you’ve gone through this process, you’re all done!
Your AirPods Pro should be nice and snug and fit better than ever, improving the sound quality, acoustic performance, comfort, and overall experience of using AirPods Pro.
Why Does a Good Fit Matter for AirPods Pro?
Making sure your AirPods Pro fit in your ears correctly has a few benefits.
- You’ll enjoy better sound quality. Bass will be improved because no audio can leak out and woofers always like an enclosed space in which to work. You won’t hear the outside world as much, either.
- The AirPods Pro active noise cancellation (ANC) technology and transparency features works best when you have a better seal, helping keep the outside noise where it belongs – outside.
- You’re less likely to lose your AirPods Pro! Some people have had AirPods fall out of their ears because of a poor fit. That’s less likely to happen with AirPods Pro. Assuming they fit your ears properly, of course.
Remember, the AirPods Pro ear fit test and different ear pieces are unique to AirPods Pro, as the regular AirPods do not have adjustable ear pieces. Thus if you’ve ever tried to use regular AirPods but didn’t find them to be a good fit, you may consider trying out AirPods Pro with the various different ear piece attachments, as one of them might be perfect for you.
We have a ton more AirPods guides so be sure to learn everything you need to know before embarking on your new wireless audio adventure.