iPhone Tips: How to use Face ID on iPhone X
Face ID? What’s that? It’s iPhone X’s prominent feature. It basically replaced Touch ID by unlocking your iPhone using your face instead of your fingertips.
How to set up Face ID
Before you set up Face ID, make sure that there isn’t anything covering the TrueDepth camera or your face. Face ID is designed to work with glasses and contacts. Face ID works best when your iPhone X is approximately an arm’s length or closer (10-20 inches) from your face.
To set up Face ID:
Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode. If asked, enter your passcode.
Tap Set Up Face ID, then position your face in front of your device and tap Get Started.
Look straight into your iPhone and place your face inside the frame.
Gently move your head to complete the circle. If you’re unable to move your head, tap Accessibility Options.
When you finish the first Face ID scan, tap Continue.
Gently move your head to complete the circle for a second time.
When Face ID setup is complete, tap Done.
If you didn’t set a passcode, you’ll be asked to create one to use as an alternate way to verify your identity.
To choose features that you want to use Face ID with or reset Face ID, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
How to unlock your iPhone X with Face ID
After you set up Face ID, you can use it to unlock your iPhone. Here’s how:
Raise to wake or tap to wake your iPhone X.
Glance at your iPhone X.
When the lock icon on your screen animates from closed to open, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to unlock.
To turn this feature on or off, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > iPhone Unlock.
SYDNEY CBD REPAIR CENTRE IS OPEN 6 DAYS A WEEK
Weekdays: 10am – 6pm
Saturday: 10am – 6pm
Sunday : Closed
After Business Hours, By Appointment only.
CALL 8011 4119 or 043 777 4119
People Also Asked – Check out our other iPhone Tips
- iPhone Tips: How to connect your iPhone to an Apple TV
- iPhone Tips: How to properly set an alarm that works
- iPhone Tips: How to Airdrop photos between iPhones and Macs
- iPhone Tips: What to do if Airdrop doesn’t work
- iPhone Tips: How to properly use Airdrop on iPhones
- iPhone Tips: How to use Face ID on iPhone X
- iPhone Tips: How to register fingerprints on iPhone
- iPhone Tips: How to clone an iPhone
- iPhone Tips: Transfer photos from computer to iPhone without iTunes
- iPhone Tips: How to put videos on your iPhone