Best vantage points for Vivid Sydney? You can listen to a talk about the state of virtual reality in gaming and technology in general in this version of Vivid Sydney this year. Get insights on how VR has progressed, how it is now being used in different fields of sciences. You will feel very excited for the future of this new technology.
Vivid Sydney can be as helpful and fruitful as you want it to be. So don’t think about how it can’t change you and think how you can use it to your advantage.
If you have been updating yourself with the latest trend in gaming tech, you’d know that Virtual Reality is on the rise. This Vivid Sydney talk takes on the status of Virtual Reality in the society and how far did it went for the past few years. Join the talk on June 3 for an intimate look at the state of our modern technology.
What dates is this on? 5PM-7PM
What time does this Vivid event start? May 25-June 16
Where can this be found? University of Newcastle Sydney Campus, 55 Elizabeth Street Sydney NSW 2000
How much are the tickets for this Vivid installation? Prices starts at $50
The world of virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality are known as immersive technologies that provide new ways for people to interact and use digital information like never before. Virtual reality and augmented reality takes conventional media content such as images, audio, text and interaction into new medium that can be used across different domains such as marketing, engineering, medicine, education, fashion and more to assist companies with marketing, sales, training and data visualisation. Virtual reality and augmented reality is not just about gaming; it will transform how business owners develop future content to be consumed through virtual reality.
In this new innovative workshop, you need to open your curious mind and eyes to future possibilities of the virtual world which will be part of our everyday lives. In this workshop we will learn what virtual reality and augmented reality is and how they are constructed with strong emphasis on storytelling, creativity and the use of latest technology (software, hardware, wearable). In this workshop you will be able to test apps and be immersed in the world of virtual reality with hands on examples in many domains and case studies available. As a creative person, business owner or just a hobbyist we will investigate the creative process; the tools and the storytelling you need to plan in order to create your own future virtual experience.
This virtual reality and augmented reality workshop aims to:
1. Equip you with the creative mindset you need to plan, design and execute your creative VR experience.
2. Help you to understand the different types of mediums such as virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality and how you can possibly use them in your future business plans.
1. The future of virtual reality as a technology and its influence in many industries.
2. Explore how virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality are changing the creative industry for the better.
3. Explore how virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality being used in business such as sales and marketing, remote assistance, training, and education.
4. Explore how virtual reality and augmented reality being applied in many markets such as virtual reality ecommerce, virtual reality medical, virtual reality education, virtual reality engineering, virtual reality creative arts, virtual reality fashion, virtual reality apps and more.
5. An overview of how you can explore virtual reality at home and the workplace.
This virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality workshop will be delivered as an interactive workshop consisting of an instructor-led lecture, group and individual activities. This training approach allows you to work through concepts introduced by the instructor in an application-focused teaching environment.
This virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality workshop is suitable for everyone aged 18 and above but will be of particular interest to the opportunities that are present for business and industry through the implementation of virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality.