Want to make a playlist with Apple Music? Of course you do! We all have a bunch of songs that we really like and listen to on a regular basis. If you’re an avid music listener, you might be interested in sorting out some of your favorite songs, so that you can listen to them while you’re on the go. Similar to any music application or streaming service that’s available today, Apple Music allows you to create, manage and share your playlists.
Playlist curation is key when it comes to organizing all the songs in your music library, and if you use the default Music app on your iPhone or iPad for listening to music, it just takes a few minutes to get started with a decent playlist. Sure, Apple Music does offer a set of default smart playlists based on your listening habits, but creating your own playlist from scratch might still be the better choice in most cases.
Looking to create your first playlist on Apple Music? Look no further, because in this article, we’ll be discussing exactly how you can create playlists in the stock Music app on your iPhone and iPad.
How to Create Playlists in Apple Music on iPhone & iPad
You don’t have to be subscribed to Apple Music service to create playlists within the stock Music app of your iPhone or iPad. Simply follow the steps below to create a new playlist and add your desired songs to it.
- Open the default “Music” app from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Head over to the “Library” section within the Music app and tap on “Playlists”.
- Now, tap on “New Playlist” which is the first option in this menu.
- Here, you’ll be able to add a cover art and name your playlist as shown in the screenshot below. In order to start adding songs, tap on “Add Music”.
- In this menu, you can either search for any specific song in your library or Apple Music using the search bar at the top or you could add multiple songs at a time by browsing through your library. Considering how majority of the users would be looking to add multiple songs to their new playlist, tap on “Library”.
- You can browse by albums, artists, genres or simply just songs which might be the easiest way to find what you’re looking for. So, tap “Songs” as shown in the screenshot.
- Here, you’ll be able to browse through all the songs in your music library. In order to add any of these songs to your playlist, tap on the “+” icon located to the right side of each song. The selected songs will be indicated by a check mark. Once you’ve finished selecting, tap “Done”.
- You’ll see the list of songs that you’ve selected under your new playlist. To confirm and create this playlist, tap “Done” at the top-right corner of the screen.
Not you know how to create a new playlist in Apple Music on your iPhone & iPad.
Creating a new playlist is one thing, but managing it is a completely different story as it’s far from an easy task. In most cases, your music preferences might constantly keep changing as time goes on, and you will have to keep updating your playlist accordingly, or just create new ones as your music listening preferences change and adjust.
That being said, if you feel like managing playlists is such a hassle, you can still make use of the default smart playlists that Apple Music has to offer, like Top 25 Most Played, Recently Played, Recently Added, and more, that constantly keeps updating based on your listening habits.
Curating your playlists might prove to be extremely useful when you’re busy doing something, for example while you’re driving and can’t afford to constantly fiddle with the Music app to switch between songs.
If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, you can enable iCloud Music library on your iPhone or iPad to sync this newly created playlist across all your Apple devices, so you can access it regardless of what device you’re using.
Additionally you can also share your playlists with other Apple Music users and even access their playlists, as long as they’ve made them public on their profile.