❤ Apple releases iOS 15.7.5 with “important security fixes”
Last week, Apple released iOS 15.7.4 to the general public with notable security patches. Now, Apple is rolling out iOS 15.7.5 as yet another update for older iPhone and iPad devices. This update, along with iPadOS 15.7.5, addresses two vulnerabilities that “may have been actively exploited.”
as Apple stated about iOS 15 Updates iOS 15 brings audio and video enhancements to FaceTime, including spatial audio and Portrait mode. Shared with You resurfaces the articles, photos, and other shared content from your Messages and conversations in the corresponding app. Focus helps you reduce distractions by filtering out notifications based on what you are currently doing. Notifications have been redesigned and a new notification summary delivers a collection of notifications so you can catch up on your own time. Maps delivers a beautiful redesign with a new three-dimensional city experience and augmented reality walking directions. Live Text uses on-device intelligence to recognize text in photos across the entire system and on the web. New privacy controls in Siri, Mail, and more provide transparency and give you more control over your data.
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
You can update your iPhone to iOS 15.7.5 by heading to the Settings app, choosing General, and then choosing Software Update. The build number for today’s update is 19H332. It’s available for the following devices:
- iPhone 6s (all models), iPhone 7 (all models), iPhone SE (1st generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini (4th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation)
Apple says iOS 15.7.5 addresses two security vulnerabilities that may have been actively exploited in the wild:
- Impact: An app may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
- Description: An out-of-bounds write issue was addressed with improved input validation.
- Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
- Description: A use-after-free issue was addressed with improved memory management.
In addition to iOS 15.7.5, Apple has also released macOS Big Sur 11.7.6 (20G1231) as well as macOS Monterey 12.6.5 (21G531).
iOS 15.7.5 is out with security updates pic.twitter.com/8ye2yvnIJB
— Aaron Zollo (@zollotech) April 10, 2023